Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wedding Planning

Wedding Planning has begun. We've been tossing around ideas, and ALREADY there is drama. I don't know how we're going to reconcile everything. Jed and I are in agreement about wanting a Justice of the Peace to perform our wedding. We have pretty much decided on the Spiritual Center on campus.

We're both hoping his family will be ok with that, as they are devoutly Catholic, especially his mother and his grandmother. Of course in the end it's up to us, but we want our families' support. My family is...acting a little weird. They're happy and supportive, they say...but they also have issues with the fact that I'm getting remarried after being divorced--which really hurts me.

In any case, over all, I'm beyond excited. I just want the people I care about to join in the excitement with me. So far, Jed's mom has been amazing; I really hope that she will continue to be and that she will be supportive.

More planning...

3 comments:

nodakademic said...

You SHOULD be beyond excited. :-) Your parents will come around. It may just take time. A wise person (my Bf of course!) told me that the best way to prove that the new relationship will work (and be so much better than the old one) is to just keep at it and prove them all wrong with time as they observe how happy you are and how successful your lives together will be.

Jewell said...

Oh, your doing it in GF cool!

You keep doing what makes you and Jed happy, I will be in full support of you. Parents will never be content in their children's decisions, forget their judgment.

xoxo

Bitter Heaven said...

Thanks for the great advice, PH. I so appreciate your support, Jewell. My friends are amazing!