Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's snowing like mad out there; one of those days right from the clay-mation Christmas specials of my childhood. I just got off work, and I'm thinking about the eminent holiday season.

I've been crocheting hats hour after hour (just call me the mad hatter). The hats are my Christmas presents for various friends and family members. We leave tomorrow morning and I've still got laundry to do, along with some shopping and packing. Oh boy. I'll be crocheting on the drive there for sure-- not to mention tonight when I go to work!!

I'm looking forward to the holidays with Tennessee's family, but not looking forward to making that drive with a three-year-old! We'll see how that goes; last time she threw up twice. EEK.

This is the first time in a while that my focus for the holidays has been spending time with family. I'm making most of my gifts and I'm truly looking forward to a relaxed time with everyone.

We spent an early Christmas with my family on Sunday. My mother gave me a necklace that says "Mother Daughter Friend". It's very nice, and shows how far we've come this year with our relationship. They got Tennessee a book on the history of math theories. He was happy.

Anyway, I'm sure I won't be able to post over the holidays, so here's my Merry Christmas to all of you!!

No comments: